St. Peter’s will follow Government and Church of England guidelines at all times, adjusting for local circumstances. Currently these are as follows:
- All Church buildings, including the Leverton Hall, are closed until further notice, except to the Vicar.
- The Church continues to support the Wrecclesham community. via online services, social media and telephone. Services will be carried out from our homes (usually the vicarage). Nothing will be done from the church buildings.
The following links are to Churches (including St. Peter’s) which stream their Services:
SERVICES FROM ST. PETER’S
These are all streamed from our Facebook Group “St. Beale’s”, NOT the St. Peter’s Church Wrecclesham Page. To be notified in your Facebook Newsfeed just go to “St. Beale’s and “Follow” us. Otherwise it is easiest to use the blue links to get there.
- Sunday at Ten (Live) streaming at 10.00am every Sunday on “St.Beale’s” Facebook Group (join “St. Beale’s” as a “friend” or “Follow” us to ensure notification of this and future live streams). You will will find it easiest to join Facebook to see it live but you should be able to view it without via the link put up just before the service on our main page. Recordings will be published later both on YouTube and Facebook.
- Follow the service and responses in the Order of Service here: Live Stream Service – 31.5.20 – Pentecost – with Communion
- Follow the Bible Readings on the order of service or download them here: Bible readings – 24.5.20 v1
- Sing along with Naomi and Jonathan in the hymns using the words which are in the Order of Service
- If you have a hearing impairment you can usually find a transcript of the Sermon here: https://cofewrecclesham.org.uk/sermons/
- Watch the live stream from our “other” Facebook page “St. Beales” at 10.00a.m. here (this link is updated in the 5 minutes just before the Service): LINK TO St. BEALE’S
- Watch the recording of last Sunday’s Live Stream here(this link is updated during the day some time after the Service) : https://youtu.be/7aM_8EmcWvc
- We are doing Family and Junior Church using Zoom – contact the Vicar if you are interested
- There is a weekly Zoom Group, every Tuesday at 8.00 pm studying the Bible Society’s “The Bible Course”. Contact Paul Smith on if interested.
“Join us for Coffee” at 1`1.15 after the Service in a Zoom meeting:
Meeting ID: 842 0268 1292
- Ascension Day (Live Stream Service) at 7.00 pm Thursday 21st May: Order of Service including Hymns and Readings
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO LISTEN TO THE SUNDAY SERMON BUT DOESN’T HAVE A COMPUTER? THEY CAN NOW LISTEN TO THE PREVIOUS SUNDAY’S SERMON BY DIALING 01252 978369. A computer generated American female voice will confirm that they are in the right place and ask them to wait for the sermon to start (which can be a while). It will cost them nothing if they phone during their free minutes time. It will (I hope) be updated each Sunday before midnight.
- Regular Services: Our regular Sunday Services and Daily Morning Prayer
- Morning Prayer from 8.00 am on weekdays as podcasts (you can find the words and follow by clicking here and then choosing Morning Prayer Contemporary
- “SUNDAY BRING AND SHARE” (Monthly Evening Service)- STARTS SUNDAY 3rd MAY 5pm: Early Church services were gatherings to which different people brought different things. Please send a recording of a reflection, prayer, piece of scripture, poem, art, a hymn sung or played by you or your family, almost anything that nourishes your soul and send it to Jacqueline and Paul (contact details in the recording guide below):
- St. Peter’s “Specials”: These are services for special times such as Christmas and Easter as well as “Special Topic” streams and podcasts
- HOW TO SEE OUR SERVICES
- DIAL THE SERMON – We put a recording of the sermon each week on the telephone for those who do not have computers
- Bishop Michael Curry Pentecost sermon 2020
- Wednesday Words 3rd June 2020
- Newsletter for-24th May 2020
- Wednesday Words 20 May
- Newsletter 17th May 2020
- Newsletter for 10th May 2020
- Newsletter for 3rd MAY 2020
SMALL GROUPS AND COURSES
- THE BIBLE COURSE: This is an 8 week course giving an overview of the entire Bible starting Tuesday 5th May at 8.00 pm.
- DIAL THE LAST SERMON: We put a recording of the sermon each week on the telephone for those who do not have computers. Please pass the number, 01252 978369, on
SERVICES FROM ELSEWHERE (mainly recorded but some live streaming)
Daily: The Taize community live stream daily at 7.00 pm on http://www.taize.fr/en_article27540.html
PENTECOST WORLD WIDE: Join us this Sunday 31st May at 6pm for our virtual Pentecost Prayer Service. It’s live and it’s online – doing church differently during lockdown. We’ll have contributions from around the world, local churches and ecumenical partners local to the diocese, as well as contributions from children, young people, a virtual choir of 134 musicians and Bishops from our link dioceses in Pakistan and Denmark. Along with a dramatic and hilarious interpretation of the coming of the spirit in Acts as told as a video conference. It will be suitable for all ages and run for approximately an hour.
Join the service at 6pm on 31 May on our YouTube channel: ‘Diocese of Guildford’ on YouTube.
GENERAL (Because these are links to other sites some may be broken due to changes on their Websites,Facebook pages or YouTube channels)
- Bishop Andrew’s Sermon for Pentecost: https://youtu.be/TKlSnXqkqJ8
- Bishop Jo’s Sunday Sermon for 10th May available now
- The Bishop’s Weekly Message
- Guildford Cathedral
- All Hallows by the Tower
- Buckingham Parish Church
- St. Nicholas Church Canvey Island
- St. James Church Clitheroe
- St. Mary the Virgin Church Kenton
PRAYERS AND DEVOTIONS ONLINE
- Home Worship from Guildford Cathedral
- Praying with the Northumbria Community (Celtic Prayer)
- Prayer for the Day – Text and Audio of a Daily Prayer
- Guidance on Spiritual Communion and Coronavirus – Making a Spiritual Communion is fitting at this time because we cannot receive the sacrament in a service.
- Midweek_worship_at_home- Morning and Night Prayer – Two services you can either print out or read on screen for your personal use.
- Morning, Evening and Night Prayer (and during the day) This site gives the services for the day in text form, including the Psalm and Bible readings. You can say them on your own (many of us do)
- Special prayers for personal use during the Coronavirus outbreak
- EASTER PILGRIM : A forty day journey through “The Lord’s Prayer”
- Apps: You might like to Google one or more of the following Apps to help with your devotions:Pray as you Go (also a podcast); 3 Minute retreat; Lectio 365; Bible in a Year; Centering Prayer; Reimagining the Examen; Daily Prayer; YouBible; LiveLent; Reflections for Daily Prayer; Discover App
- Podcasts:You may like to Google these podcasts:Pray as you go; The Bible Project; Thought for the day; Church Times podcast
- The Wintershall Passion Play – https://m.facebook.com/Wintershallplay
If you have a smart speaker or have Alexa or Google Assistant on your tablet you can get some of these resources by saying:
- “Alexa, open the Church of England” or
- “Hey Google, talk to the Church of England”
PRAYERS TO DOWNLOAD: Click Here: Prayers about the Outbreak
PARISH MAGAZINE: Click here for a “reduced” copy of the April Edition